Friday, May 21, 2010

Mediocrity sucks

As I am sure you already know I do not live in a wealthy neighborhood. I live in an average middle class neighborhood with some very shady neighbors and some not so shady neighbors. The house I rent is not the nicest house in the neighborhood, but at the same time is not a cracker shack either.


One of the downsides to not having a lot of money is not having certain amenities that many people take for granted, such as two or three car garages. My house has a one car garage and my wife has the “good car” so it gets the garage and I have the old POS car that leaks oil that gets the driveway.

I had no problem with my sweet 1999 Kia taking up room in the driveway, until I went out to get into my car this morning. Apparently someone thought it would be a good idea to smash one of my tail lights and not leave a note or anything (if I find you, you will pay dearly). Now my car is no gem, but at the same time I don’t want it to look like a crack head has been using it as a house for the last 10 years. If I manage to hit this Saturdays Powerball drawing you can bet your ass that my new house is going to have a garage the size of Jay Leno’s. I will be able to park about 37 cars in my garage and prevent any hoodlums breaking anymore tail lights. I need to get rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment